Sunday 7 January 2018

Every Day's a School Day

Friday 5 January 2018
A few hours available in the afternoon and decided to go in search of the Iceland Gull at Cromer. I'd had a few attempts at seeing various Iceland Gulls on the coast at the back end of last year and failed miserably on each occasion, so with news that one was showing on Cromer Golf Course I gave it a go.
The Iceland Gull was visible from the road and not a million miles away so a photo was possible despite the dull conditions. I was so intent on seeing which way it was walking I never really checked the camera settings - very schoolboy error. So after taking a dozen or so shots and looking at the back of the camera I was fairly happy. Got home and downloaded the pics Hmm they didn't look good and the reason was .... I was shooting at f29 and 1/40th of a second ! Live and learn I guess. The other schoolboy error was not taking a scope and trying to identify the two Arctic Redpolls also present by the golf course was near impossible. White rumps and seemingly pale sides, but at that distance .....
A fuzzy Iceland Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment