Friday 19 January 2018

Cross Richard

Thursday 18 January 2018
A trip to Santon Downham to look for the Parrot Crossbills which had been seen on and off during the week. I decided to have a look for the Otters first and wasn't disappointed when I found a female swimming along the far bank of the Little Ouse. Even more so when it started to yelp and was joined by two kits. These three Otters continued to play hunt and rest for a good hour or so. Totally captivating and even though they were mostly covered by vegetation they did show themselves well enough to be photographed.


Time had got away from me a bit and I was feeling hungry so went for a late lunch at Browns locally.  This probably was a bad move because when I returned to Santon to look for the Parrot Crossbills I was told they had been down drinking at the puddles just an hour ago - I must have almost driven past them! I waited from 1.30pm till it got dark but no sign of them. This was now the third failed trip to see them. Luckily however that evening I was able to see other people's pictures of them from earlier in the day on the Wildlife of East Anglia website. Hmmm another day maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment