Saturday 11 January 2014

An hour at Holme

Saturday 11 January 2013
After prolonged discussions with Oli on camera lenses I decided to have a quick trip to Holme as I only had an hour available due to "domestic duties". Nice and sunny, 8 degrees but on leaving the car and walking along the board walk next to the sea, boy did it feel cold !

Some nice groups of Redshanks, Turnstones and Bar-tailed Godwits, but as there were other bird spotters watching them I refrained from creeping about in case I flushed the birds and engaged the wrath of the onlookers.

A little further down the track and looking across the marsh I saw a blob on a post - it was a Short-eared Owl. And very nice too, however from a photographic point of view it was not good as I was looking directly into the sun. Just for once I wished for some cloud ! No chance and despite changing my position I just couldn't avoid the glaring sun.


one ear tuft just showing
 If flew off to feed in the field but never turned towards me, always away - great to see it hunting   though.


No comments:

Post a Comment