Friday 11 December 2009

Play Misty for me...

Friday 11 December
A very misty start to the day, and birds using the feeders must have felt as nervous as Clint Eastwood in the film, play Misty for me....as somethng was watching intently. Can you see it in the tree ? I saw it from the kitchen and then ensued...where's the bloody camera?... do I take a shot through the glass, yes, crap, so I crept around outside trying to get a shot, tripping over the dog, furiously wiping condensation from the lens and trying so hard not to be seen (professional it wasn't)



The gazing continued by both me and the Sparrowhawk



and the waiting game continued




this time I thought it must see me, seemed to be looking right at me!





but no, just eyeing up any potential food, and then it made a stab at a Blue Tit (too quick for me) and missed, so off to nearby tree. Then along came a Jay (not a spider) which sat behind it knocking a peanut on the branch.





this unnerved the Sparrowhawk and it stretched out and went.




Why do such things happen in such poor light, still it was a good start to the day.
But the fog stayed and it seemed to get greyer and greyer so a quick flirt to the coast and still it was grey, until just one mile from Titchwell and the sky turned blue, the sun was shining and not a cloud to be seen. A walk at the reserve yielded two Water Pipits a fleeting Bearded Tit and this Turnstone.





stepping out on a lovely day

1 comment: